Phases allow you to build a complete Care Plan for your patients and deliver the content in designated segments. This is useful if the assigned exercises change as treatment progresses. Instead of creating multiple Care Plans, which can confuse patients, you can use Phases to quickly update your patient's plan.
Let's review how to incorporate Phases into a Care Plan.
- Start by adding exercises to the patient's Care Plan from the Exercise Builder. These are automatically included in Phase 1.
- Once all exercises have been added, click Add Phase.
- Phase 2 now appears as its own section.
- When you try to add another exercise, a window will appear requiring you to indicate which Phase the exercise should be added to. Once selected using the drop-down, click Add to Phase.
- You can also drag-and-drop exercises between Phases.
- The blue checkmark indicates that this is the Active Phase. Only the exercises in the Active Phase are visible in the patient's Care Plan.
- Click Submit Care Plan.
Updating the Care Plan to the Next Phase
When the patient is ready to move on to the next phase of the Care Plan follow these steps.
- Search for the desired patient and select the Folder icon.
- Notice that each Phase has its own section and displays when it was last made active. Click the Edit icon.
- Locate the Phase you want to activate and select the checkmark to turn it blue.
- Next, click Update Care Plan.
- You'll be directed to the Print Preview page and the patient will receive an email informing them about their updated Care Plan.
- Back on the Patient Overview page, you will see that the new Phase is active.